Monday, January 3, 2011

Hurray! 2011 is here!!!

Whew, 2011 is finally here! I hope everyone had a great holiday and very Happy New Year's!
We had my family come to visit for Christmas including my 92 year old Hungarian Grandma. Her birthday is on Christmas so we celebrated not with a cakelet but a Carvel Cake. I have to say, she's a pretty spicey lady and I can only hope I have her spirit when I'm her age! This is us singing to her.....the Ethel Mermen singing in the background is me.



We spent New Year's with our neighbors and it was the first year my boys stayed awake long enough to watch the ball drop. Our favorite gift from Santa was The Michael Jackson Experience for Wii. I'm pretty awesome at Billy Jean and The Earth Song. I'll be posting video on FB for all to laugh at.

Cupcake Envy had quite a 2010.

Here are some of my favorite cakelet designs of 2010.


We had our cakelets featured in Brides Magazine, Get Married! Magazine, Cake Central Magazine, teaching and judging at Austin's That Takes the Cake Show, and lastly our Food Network Challenge experience. Now THAT is something I can't wait to tell everyone about after it airs. It was definitely crazy and I learned A LOT as a newby.
Especially that I should stick to cakelets.....when it comes to large cakes, I'm not worthy!


So, what's in store for Cupcake Envy for 2011?

This is going to be a year of traveling, teaching, and new and exciting cakelet designs. I am especially excited to be a guest teacher at Icing Inspirations in Ontario, Canada in June and Cakelove2011 in Vancouver, Canada this September. I look forward to meeting everyone and spreading the fun of creating cakelets to everyone we meet.
We've had a lot of people write to us wanting to know if we'll come and teach in their area. All you have to do is contact your local cake club, cake convention, or cake shops that host guest teachers and tell them you want Cupcake Envy to come and teach and we'll be there!

I have a feeling it's going to be a great year for mini cakes!!!! For the latest news in cakelets and Cupcake Envy, follow us on Facebook and Twitter. Also, check out our tutorials on the Cupcake Envy Youtube channel.

No comments: