Friday, June 22, 2012

Catching up with Cupcake Envy

Wow!  It's been a long time since I've blogged, so here we go.  The last few months here have been crazy good and crazy not so good.  I have been working on our book which is  coming along nicely.  This is the first book for Cupcake Envy and I can't wait until the word is written and off to the the publishers.  There are approximately 40 cakelet designs for you to try your hand including various difficulty levels, themed projects, and templates  (yay!!!!)  Again, this is such an exciting opportunity and the process has been an amazing learning experience.

Now, for the crazy not so good.  As many of you may be aware, I have lived with Lupus since being diagnosed when I was 10 years old.  I have managed to live a fairly normal life barring my mother's constant screaming, "Amy, put your sunscreen on!!!!!!!!!!  Yikes.   I consider myself a very lucky Lupus patient as the bumps in the road have not been so bad.  About 2 months ago, I started having chest episodes that were very scary and painful as well as significant fatigue.  That led to doctor visits and more bumps in the road.  In addition, I was graced with a bizarre rash on my legs that was leaving scars and leaving a few of the doctor's scratching their heads.  Possible causes included kidney disease or Diabetes.  Now, for those of you out there with Lupus, the last thing you ever want to hear is kidney disease.  I am in my 3rd different treatment and the rash is starting to look better.  This is where Cupcake Envy comes in.  Folks, before anything, I am a wife and mother of 2 beautiful boys; 12 and 10 years old.  Many of you can relate to the ups and downs of parenting and even those times that you feel like you are functioning in pure survival mode.  ANd what killed me the most was not being in control and having to lay down instead of go! go! go!  Unfortunately, Cupcake Envy was put on the back burner.  I had to focus on getting better and being there for my family.  We've managed to make it through these past months with amazing support of neighbors, friends, and most of all, a sense of humor.  Now I have always been able to find funny in almost everything, ask around. It is isn't funny, I would make it funny.  This time, it was pretty hard to find the funny.  Overall, I am feeling better, I have my energy almost back to normal and I've gotten back to teach classes.  Boy, have I missed that!  I t feels so good to see students again and create beautiful cakelets together.

I want to thank you for all of your support and kind words on Cupcake Envy's Facebook page.  It really did help and brought a smile to my face throughout this process.  Now, it's back to work!!!!!!  The old Amy is back so watch out for bizarre cakelet designs, new fall cakelet classes, and favorite new tools and pans I can't wait to share with you.  Let the cakelet revolution begin!


No comments: